Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Doing Just Fine!



Despite a few transportation awareness issues, the first couple of days have been splendid. Monday was training all day and today was my first day "on the job." I work with a fabulous team of people on the 19th floor of a building in Canary Wharf. The pictures below are from our office windows. It is an electrifying atmosphere as everyone is thinking "Olympics!:" High fives all around the table today for a job well done!
Monday was an interesting challenge for me with transportation. On two separate occasions, I ended up on the wrong platform and had to wait an additional 6 minutes for the next train. When you stand looking at a sign that is hanging from the ceiling but pointing down at the platform, it still means to go down on level. I thought it meant "on this platform!" Today was a piece of cake however; get on the train, get off the train and walk 5 mins to the building I work in! By the time Rick arrives, I should be able to find my way around. The next bing thing on my To Do list, is to find a place to live....now that's going to be a challenge. 



 




No comments:

Post a Comment